Friday 11 November 2011

Bonnie Light Horseman, Kate Rusby 11/11/11


When Boney he commanded his army to stand
He levelled his cannon all over the land
He levelled his cannon his victory to claim
And he slew my light Horseman on his way going haim

So broken-heated I will wander, broken-heated I'll remain
For the loss of my lover, in the wars he was slain
Broken-hearted I will wander, broken-heated I'll remain
He is my Bonnie Light Horseman, in the wars he was slain

The dame she laments for her man she will fly
Oh where, tell me where is my darling she cries
And where in this wide world is there one to compare
To my Bonnie Light Horseman who was lost in the war

So broken-hearted I will wander, broken-hearted I'll remain
For the loss of my lover, in the wars he was slain
Broken-hearted I will wander, broken-heated I'll remain
He is my Bonnie Light Horseman, in the wars he was slain

Oh and if I were a small bird and had wings to fly
I would fly o'er the salt seas to where my love doth lie
And with my fond wings I'll beat over the grave
And I'd kiss the pale lips laying cold in the clay

So broken-hearted I will wander, broken-hearted I'll remain
For the loss of my lover, in the wars he was slain
Broken-hearted I will wander, broken-hearted I'll remain
He was my Bonnie Light Horseman, in the wars he was slain

edit: It is important that you collect everything Kate Rusby has ever done. Go here.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is awesome. I love it and must get it for my iPod. Where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. With miniature gaming making war into a spectacle, it's nice to have a reality check like this every once in a while... The human side of war is never valorous or honorable really, it's all just pain and death for what?

    Good stuff man,
    n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing took me a couple of times to get through it And I heartily agree with Joe particularly around this time I some times feel ashamed to like wargaming in fact can those two words ever really go together? Like SLAYER says " The final swing is not a drill its how many people I can kill, Wars a sport!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers guys. Thanks for the comments. Margo and I are working a version of this as well.
    And Mike, I remain in awe of your ability to work Slayer into anything... :)

    ReplyDelete